Sheet Pan Chicken w/ Harissa Yogurt Sauce

Sheet Pan Chicken

w/ Harissa Yogurt Sauce 

By: Spoon Fork Spice

Prep Time: 10 Minutes 
 Cook Time: 35 Minutes
Serving Size: 4


Intro:

I am Trader Joe's obsessed! This week I came across a Citrusy Garlic seasoning and so glad I did because it was delicious. Of course Trader Joe's had Harissa right next to the seasoning so I had to snag a bottle of that as well. Harissa is a Tunisian hot chili pepper paste with garlic and herbs. I typically will use it for topping eggs or to add a kick any meal. I also added some of Trader Joe's Umami seasoning. Umami is earthy and salty consisting of mushrooms, onions, kosher salt, mustard seed, red pepper, black pepper and thyme. If you don't have a Trader Joe's around you can generally find these seasonings at your local grocery store. Can replace Citrusy Garlic with Lemon Garlic mixture if you can't find it. So that's my inspiration for the recipe and I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Ingredients:

  • 1 Whole Chicken w/ Skin Cut in Large Pieces
  • 3 tsp. Citrusy Garlic Seasoning (more or less based on your flavor pallet)
  • 2 tsp. Umami
  • 2 tsp. Paprika
  • 1/4 Cup Drizzle Olive Oil
Harissa Yogurt Sauce
  • 1 tbsp. Harissa
  • 1/4 tsp. Garlic Powder
  • 1 tspn. Olive Oil
  • 1 Cup Greek Yogurt
1.) Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
2.) In a half size sheet pan drizzle half of the olive oil, add your chicken and add remaining olive oil. 
3.) Evenly coat chicken using lemon garlic, umami and paprika on both sides.
4.) Place in oven for 35 minutes.
5.) While chicken is cooking make your Harissa Yogurt Sauce by combining all ingredients in a bowl. 
6.) Once chicken is baked let cool for 5 minutes and serve over rice, cauliflower rice or with naan and Harissa Yogurt sauce. 

*I made a salad to go along with my meal using sliced red onions, baby cucumbers, diced tomatoes and cilantro tossed in sumac, salt, pepper and lemon juice.